Leaders from around the world are joining the Nutrition for Growth Summit 2021. The Summit is from 7-8th December 2021 and is hosted in Japan. You can watch the Summit live on Youtube. Please follow the link for the livestream and details.
SUN CSA Laos has made a commitment at the Summit that supports the Government of Laos to implement the National Plan of Action for Nutrition 2021-2025. We have committed to improving nutrition in Lao PDR through a focus on several key areas:
- Supporting the implementation of the national Breast Milk Substitute (BMS) Code in 8 provinces.
- Increased Nutrition SBCC activities in 15 provinces.
- Supporting the roll-out of WASH services aimed at Open Defecation Free (ODF) villages and Districts in 10 provinces.
- Increasing gender equality in nutrition through support to improved planning and reduction of gender equitable barriers in nutrition services and activities.
The SUN CSA Laos commitment goals are detailed more below:
Goal 1: SUN CSA Laos supports the Government of Lao PDR in the dissemination and awareness of the national BMS code in at least 8 provinces.
Action Plan: SUN CSA organisations conduct dissemination and awareness activities with government, the private sector and the public in at least 8 provinces, as well as nationally via social media campaigns. SUN CSA organisations advocate for ongoing monitoring of the Code compliance.
Goal 2: Achieve improved nutrition in Laos by 2025 by supporting the government to achieve the targets of the NPAN 2021-2025, particularly related to SBCC, ODF and Gender Equality in nutrition in targeted provinces.
- Support the Lao Government’s SBCC goals by:
- Implement SBCC actions in at least 15 provinces that support community level nutrition behaviour change.
- Participate in the Nutrition SBCC Task Force.
- Support ODF targets by:
- Implementing ODF and WASH activities in 10 provinces by 2025.
- Contribute actions that achieve ODF in 5 provinces before 2025.
- Support gender equality in nutrition plans and implementation.
- Support inclusion of gender mainstreaming into provincial development plans – for example, the PHO RMNCH development plans.
- Support reduction in gender equitable barriers to access of RMNCH services and nutrition via SBCC activities.
Let’s work together to improve nutrition in Laos!