SUN CSA Laos has over 70 members, including Lao Non-Profit Associations, International Non-Government Organisations, social enterprises and coordination bodies.
All members work together with the Government of Lao PDR to improve the nutrition status of communities across the country. They work in a variety of sectors, including health, agriculture, education and the economic sector, to name a few. They also work across many provinces and districts in Lao PDR.
Use the map to find out information about the working locations of different organisations and their projects.
As contact details of people change regularly, if you would like to get updated contact details for members and their nutrition focal points, please contact the SUN CSA Secretariat – details are on the Contact Page. You can also find organisational contact details for INGOs at iNGO Directory and for NPAs at Lao Civil Society website. These contact details may not be specific for the nutrition focal point.
Members Working on National, Provincial & District Level
This map shows which of our members are active in different areas of the Lao PDR. Click on a province to see its active projects per district. Switch to national level, in the top right corner, to view which members are working on a national level.
Aid Children with Disability Association
Association for Community Training and Development
Environment Conservation and Community Development Association
Friends of Phatadke
JSI Research and Training Institute
Population Education and Development Association
Rural Development and Sustainable Agriculture Association
Rural Community Development Associaltion Of champasak province
Swiss Red Cross
Training Center and Consulation for Development
Become a Member
SUN CSA Laos is always open to new members. Our member organisations work on many different issues in Laos – agriculture, health, education, WASH, Gender Equality, and many others. What we all have in common is the desire to improve nutrition within these sectors.
There are two types of members in SUN CSA Laos. Full members, which are any non-government organisation that wishes to improve nutrition in Lao PDR. These can be international or national organisations. See below for the criteria. Associate Members are those organisations who are not registered in Lao PDR or are individuals who are not affiliated full time with an organisation but are active in improving nutrition.
If you have any questions about becoming a member, or wish to register as a member, please contact SUN CSA Laos via email.
A. Full Membership
Full Membership allows organisations to fully participate in SUN CSA activities and events, including voting at the SUN CSA AGM, and nominating candidates to join the Management Committee.
Your Organisation Must Fulfil at least one of the Following Criteria:
- Contributing to the development of the Lao PDR and;
- Is an International Non-Governmental Organisation, Red Cross Society, or other organisations operating in the spirit of the SUN CSA, registered in their Home Country.
- Is a Non-Profit Association (NPA) or social enterprise operating in Lao PDR.
- Implementing or funding projects, research, or other developmental activities in Lao PDR, and interested in improving nutritional status in all communities
- Is providing humanitarian or development assistance in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Is not a government organisation.
- Does not participate in activities that conflict with the spirit of the SUN CSA (eg. supports the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes).
B. Associate Membership
Associate membership is for organisations or individuals who do not qualify for Full Membership but are active in nutrition related issues. Associate members get to participate in SUN CSA activities and events, but do not get to vote in the Annual General Meeting or sit on the Management Committee.
Your Organisation Must Fulfil one of the Following Criteria:
- Is an International Non-Governmental Organisation in the process of registration and obtaining permission to operate in Lao PDR
- You are an independent consultant or technical expert who supports activities relating to nutrition and the objectives of the SUN CSA.
- Is not a government organisation or staff person.